If you're like most podcast guests, you view an interview on a podcast as a one-time event and fail to properly leverage your podcast interview for business growth. Just because the initial excitement of your interview has passed doesn't mean that you can't continue to get great ROI from your interview.
In fact, most of the ROI from your interview will be found when you strategically use your interview in ways to help you grow your business.
1. Create a media release about your appearance. Write a media release highlighting 3-4 points you made in your interview and submit it to a press release system that syndicates it to affiliates of ABC, CBS, NBC, etc.
2. Use exposure cloning. Podcasts are evergreen, which means that once they are published, they are online forever. Re-introduce the episode every 30 days to your social media followers for four months.
3. Share with current clients/prospects. Write a brief overview of your podcast appearance and send it to current clients/prospects by email, ezine, or a direct mail letter and let them know what they will learn by listening to the episode.
4. Add to your media page on your website. This media page will enhance your authority when viewed by other podcast hosts and increase the likelihood of you being asked to be a guest on another podcast or other broadcast media.
5. Email Signature. Add a link to your interview in your email signature, inviting participants to listen to your interview every time you send out a business email.
6. Make an evergreen offer. Because you don't know when someone might listen to your podcast, create a call to action for the listeners of that podcast that doesn't expire. Offer a complimentary checklist, video, PDF, white paper, etc. Design a landing page on your site to make the offer.
7. Get invited for a return appearance. Keep in touch with your host and send a thank you note for asking you to be a guest. Become a friend, follower, or connection of the host on social media.
8. Add an upsell. Offer an upsell of one of your products at a significant discount after the listener opts in for your free gift. The most difficult AND EXPENSIVE thing in business is to acquire a new customer and get people to spend money with you. After the first one, the next sale becomes easier.
9. Add your interview to a compilation book. If being an author is on your bucket list, get your interview added to one of our compilation books, Expert Profiles or Raising the Bar.
10. Create a video or audiogram from your episode. You can easily create a video from your audio interview and publish it on YouTube or Facebook Live. A short audiogram, or clip from your interview, can be posted to any social media account. You can use Headliner to do both.
11. Publish a book from your interview. If you want a lead generation book for your business, consider publishing a book listing you as the author to help you increase your reach, reputation, and revenue. Click here for more details.
12. Design a mailable tear sheet from your interview. If you are looking for something inexpensive to send out to current and prospective customers, consider having us design a magazine tearsheet of your interview.
13. Use as part of a Shock and Awe package. Have a DVD cover designed and send your interview out on a DVD as part of your Shock and Awe introductory mailing to new prospects. You can do this on Kunaki.com.
14. Blog Posts. Transcribe your interview and use the content as one or more posts on your blog.
15. Create social media quotes. Highlight something you said during the episode in a quote graphic that you publish on social media. You can do this with Canva. Don’t let your interview gather virtual dust on your hard drive.
Take a look at those old podcasts, TV, and radio interviews, and webinars, and see if you can leverage your interviews for more ROI in your business.
We can provide many of the services listed here. Want to know more? Contact us and let's chat!
I help seasoned small business owners create marketing ideas and strategies that raise their visibility, broaden their reach, and grow their revenues.
As a business owner with 24 years of experience, I am the cure for you if you have run out of marketing creativity. I have a unique ability to sense or see the underlying scheme of things, whether it's like a blueprint to build something or an x-ray that shows hidden connections, and connect the dots at a deeper level. I make it really Easy. Enjoyable. Effective. Just like your marketing will be.